WETA's radio facility operates in the digital domain for all production work surrounding the daily broadcast of Classical WETA 90.9 FM and additional special projects. If you are interested in renting the studio or contracting with us to help with your production please contact us.
WETA's radio facility offers clients the following:
- in-studio digital two-channel stereo recording and editing
- 24-bit two-channel remote audio recording
- multi-format mastering, including CD, DAT, mini-disc and ¼ inch analog
- multi-mic in-studio voice tracking, interviewing and conferencing
- ISDN capabilities (in-studio and remote)
- in-studio two-way telephone recording
- audio design and production services, including recording, editing and mixing
The combination of the studio and staff — with its intuitive know-how, easy-going competence and common-sense, roll-up-your sleeve approach — make it possible to be more creative than the 'ideal studio' you might have imagined working in before the project began.
— MPL Productions, Inc.
The strength of our radio services is centered with our experienced staff of technicians who meet the challenges of both studio and off-site projects. The radio staff frequently works in conjunction with organizations such as The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, the National Symphony Orchestra, the Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts and the Choral Arts Society of Washington to bring live performances of prominent Washington area music events to broadcast.
WETA's radio production expertise also extends to in-studio news/talk programming. Our facility has been used for live and pre-recorded programming heard on NPR and the BBC.